Primm, Nevada — The COVID-19 situation turned this year’s race season on it’s head, but it did not stop the SNORE Battle at Primm. Usually run in late spring, this year’s BAP was held over the weekend of Oct 9-11 and delivered two full days of racing excitement. Classes were divided among heats run on Saturday and Sunday and winners were crowned by the best combined time over two days. The BAP’s unique two day format allows race teams to make adjustments after day one to up their chances of a better performance on day two.
Five class wins for Weddle-equipped teams. Weddle-equipped teams had a great weekend in Primm, taking the top spot in five classes. Justin Davis took the big Class 1 Unlimited win in Albins AGB-equipped 185. Justin ‘Bean’ Smith took top spot in Class 5U piloting Weddle MD5-equipped 516 and Vic Bruckman finished on top of Class 12 driving car 1299 equipped with a Weddle Sequential.
Podium sweeps. Weddle-equipped teams not only took class wins but managed to sweep the podium in two classes. 1634 Curt Geer finished first, followed by 1647 Rob Hendrickson in second and 1682 Jordan Dean in third on the in Class 1/2-1600, podium. In Class 5/1600, 554 Raul Solano took the win, with 568 Guy Savedra in second and 570 Ruben Garcia Jr finishing third. All six vehicles are equipped with Weddle Racing Gears.
As the 2020 winds down, we are already looking forward to a full season of racing in 2021.
Top Finishers at the 2020 SNORE King Shocks Battle at Primm
Oct 9-11, 2020, Primm, Nevada
Class 1 Unlimited
1. 185 Justin Davis/Green Army Motorsports — Albins AGB
1. 516 Justin “Bean” Smith — Weddle MD5
1. 1299 Vic Bruckman — Weddle Sequential
3. 1246 Chad Cummings — Weddle MD5
4. 1228 Journee Richardson — Weddle Racing Gears
1. 1634 Curt Geer — Weddle Racing Gears
2. 1647 Rob Hendrickson — Weddle Racing Gears
3. 1682 Jordan Dean — Weddle Racing Gears
1. 554 Raul Solano — Weddle Racing Gears
2. 568 Guy Savedra — Weddle Racing Gears
3. 570 Ruben Garcia Jr. — Weddle Racing Gears