Here is your first look at Travis Pastrana’s Gymkhana STI with its livery. Last week you saw The Hoonigans reveal the STI in its raw carbon fiber form and as a bonus— the first tire shredding, flame shooting test drive. Travis is known to push limits and knowing that, Subaru had a chance to redefine what an STI could be. The result is the most wildly aggressive STI to date.
With the livery in place, the canards and diffusers are now more prominent. And if there’s anything else that catches the eyes, it’s the 502 wheels. The 502 wheels equipped on the STI have a custom finish that greatly contrasts the colors on the livery. The blacked out section on the wheel will surely highlight any wheel spinning action in the video. The 502s are made out of solid A356 aluminum that uses a T6 heat treatment construction and is over engineered to exceed SAE 2530 specifications. And for those of you STI owners that are wondering, yes they will clear your Brembo brakes.
This time around we get to see more details of the interior and a few updates on the engine bay. While there are no specs released at the moment, this car didn’t have any sort of restrictions like Pastrana’s rally car. The custom-made Subaru boxer engine was built to Pastrana’s specs and as you can imagine was built to shred tires and smash expectations.
Aside from Travis’ one of a kind custom yellow finish, the very same 502 wheels are available to the public in Bronze, Titanium, and Matte Black and you can learn more about the wheels below.
- Solid A356 aluminum with T6 heat treatment construction
- Over engineered to exceed SAE 2530 specifications
- Unique 10 windowed design with debossed details and METHOD logos
- Bolt-on center cap with embossed METHOD logo
- Strong 1850 lbs. load ratings
- Hub centric fitments for common applications
- Industry’s best lifetime structural warranty
- Wheels will clear Subaru STI with Brembo brakes**