One of the biggest events in desert racing saw Vision Wheel’s team of athletes score multiple strong finishes at this year’s Mint 400. While the Great American Off-Road Race brings even some of the best race teams in the sport to their knees, Vision Wheel-backed squads scored plenty of quality results in the 2020 edition of the event.
The event started with two days of Vision Wheel on site at the Mint 400 Off-Road Festival, with tens of thousands of off-road racing fans passing by as the top teams in the sport went through tech and contingency. Racing kicked off with Friday’s Limited classes, including Vision’s five-car UTV lineup, before Saturday’s Unlimited race saw a fleet of Unlimited and Baja Trucks hit the desert.
When all was said and done, Vision Wheel athletes placed in the top 10 in four classes, with 2017 event winner Rob MacCachren leading the way in eighth overall and seventh in Unlimited Truck. Fans were able to watch Rob Mac’s quest for another Mint 400 win with live on-board coverage presented by Vision Wheel throughout the event.
VISION WHEEL MINT 400 RESULTS
- #11 Rob MacCachren: 7th, Unlimited Truck
- #88 Christian/Brett Sourapas: 17th, Unlimited Truck
- #266 Jeff Bader/Dan Fresh: 8th, Baja Truck
- #209 Rafael Navarro: 10th, Baja Truck
- #288 Andre Laurin: 12th, Baja Truck
- #4413 Sky Johnson: 1st, Ultra 4
- #T933 Brett/Christian Sourapas: 12th, UTV Pro Turbo
- #T915 Jim Beaver: 16th, UTV Pro Turbo
- #T909 Rodrigo Ampudia: 32nd, UTV Pro Turbo
- #1937 Mia Chapman: 7th, UTV Pro Unlimited
- #2922 Dynamic Racing: 8th, UTV Pro Unlimited
Be sure to follow Vision Wheel on Instagram for updates and photos from events throughout the year, and all of our latest and greatest wheels for your vehicle!
Vision’s Off-Road wheels are the perfect statement for your truck or SUV. Tried, tested and conquered in the toughest off road races in the world, including the legendary Baja 1000 and the Mint 400, Vision Off-Road wheels are always ready for your next challenge!
Story and photos courtesy of Vision Wheels.