When Red Bull Homestretch tears off the line for the first of six planned races on Thursday, May 14, viewers can anticipate not just
another “serious” sim racing series, but one that is actually less about winning races and more about having a good time.
The playful take on the virtual race trend will pit real-world drivers from multiple disciplines – rally, rallycross, IndyCar, motocross and more – against those with no race experience at all, including notable celebrities, musicians, athletes and media personalities. And no top-end racing setups will be used, as Red Bull Homestretch drivers will clash on a much more relatable battlefield, with everyone playing Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4. Driver banter and trash talking are not only allowed, they are strongly encouraged. On-the-fly rule changes and requirements for winning will be thrown at the drivers mid-race, so quick thinking will be key to victory.
Red Bull Homestretch will feature 10 drivers each week, with the majority of the lineup comprised of pros from various race disciplines who would never share a track in the real world. These drivers will be joining from around the globe and include:
- Action sports/rallycross/rally phenom Travis Pastrana
- 9x World Rally Champion and racing legend Sébastien Loeb
- IndyCar driver and Indy 500 winner Alexander Rossi
- IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe
- 2019 World Rallycross and 2018 Nitro Rallycross champion Timmy Hansen
- Off-road driver and 3x Baja 500 winner Bryce Menzies
- Motocross/supercross champion Ken Roczen
- Former F1, NASCAR, IndyCar and current rallycross driver Scott Speed
Unique aspects of Red Bull Homestretch include:
• Wildcard Seat – The pro drivers will be joined by different “racing outsiders” each week. These seats could be filled by a celebrity, musician, athlete or other notable personality. The Wildcard Seat for week 1 will feature two drivers – Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff and Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant.
- Student Driver Training Session – To level the playing field and give the Wildcard Seat drivers a leg up, racing pro Scott Speed will train them in preparation of
the actual race. Goff and Bryant will both get training to prepare for this week’s race.
- Flexible Rules – On-the-fly rule changes and requirements for winning will be thrown at the drivers mid-race.
- Fan Interaction – Fans can vote on tasks and rule changes during the race that the drivers will have to then abide by.Drivers will take to the virtual track for the first time on Thursday, May 14 at 12:00 p.m. EDT/9:00 a.m. PDT. Tune in to watch live on Twitch.tv/RedBull, Red Bull TV and Red Bull Motorsports YouTube. Details for the subsequent races will be announced at a later date in tandem with participating drivers. For more information, visit www.RedBull.com/Homestretch.